First it is based on PDFKit framework from Apple and they use it for displaying PDF files in Safari or Preview applications. As it is a Cocoa control, you need Mac OS X 10.5 in order to use it in REAL Studio. To read all the documentation for our PDFKit based classes, you should know that we split this into two plugin parts: PDFKit and PDFKitView. That's to optimize application size as not all applications need both. The PDFKit plugin part defines the base classes like a PDFDocument or a PDFPage while the PDFKitView plugin part defines the classes to view a PDF. Both plugin parts are included in the MBS REALbasic Cocoa plugin.
So you can do this (and more):
- Open and save PDF Documents.
- Create new PDF pages
- Render pictures from a PDF page.
- Display a PDF in a PDF View.
- Create custom PDF views to draw custom overlays on the PDF pages and handle mouse clicks there.
- Create, edit and delete PDF annotations.
What would you like to develop with this control?