The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements of REALbasic and your operation system itself. While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X (universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year. After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional year.
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS' website as one big package or several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 8.4:
* Added REALbasic Cocoa Control and several control classes like NSProgressIndicatorMBS, NSScrollerMBS, NSSliderMBS, NSTableViewMBS and NSTextViewMBS.
* Added new controls: LineMBS, OvalMBS, RectangleMBS, RoundRectangleMBS, ImageMBS and ButtonMBS.
* Added QTKit classes. (Requires QuickTime 7.2!)
* Added new ComputerControlMBS module.
* Added GammaMBS class and GammaFadeMBS class.
* Added two functions for easy encrypt/decrypt to the blowfish class: BlowfishMBS.Decrypt and BlowfishMBS.Encrypt.
* The JPEGImporterMBS and the JPEGExporterMBS classes are now console safe.
* Added Folderitem.SaveAs8BitPNGMBS and Folderitem.SaveAs8BitAlphaPNGMBS.
* Improved the Java database classes.
* Added methods to CGContextMBS to draw arcs, ovals and round rectangles.
* Added NSProcessInfoMBS class.
* Updated Phidget classes to use the current library version of 2nd June 2008.
* Added CGWindowListCreateImageMBS global method and a GetCGWindowIDMBS method to the window class.
* Added AddSoundFade and AddSoundFadeToTrack to the movie class.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml or visit
the list archive at