If you plan to go to the FileMaker DevCon this year, be sure to take advantage of the early bird offer and also make sure you get a room in the hotel. It may be booked out quickly.
MBS will be there with a booth, so you can come and meet me there.
So we have now functions for both Mac and Windows.
For Mac OS X we added menu commands so you can build a menu with submenus and have it popup on screen relative to mouse or window. Menus can be decorated with images, checkmarks or custom font styles.
Our new cipher and digest functions allow you to create very flexible hashes or encrypted content which is compatible to other applications. You can process files, text or content stored in a container. For example you can encrypt a container with AES256 and transmit it as text by email. On the receiver you import back in FileMaker and decrypt it in a container field.
With CoreLocation's geo coder, we can use Apple's service to locate the geo coordinates for an address. Of course the other direction is also possible by querying the address of coordinates. Once you have addresses geo coded in your database you can do calculations about distance between two locations and find for example which clients live in a certain area.
For DynaPDF we added new functions to create checkboxes and textfields for forms. We had before functions to query form values and now added a few functions to set form field values. You can now search for text on a page and get back all locations where text was found. Finally you can load custom fonts from a folder for use in the PDF files.
For simple message dialogs, you can use our latest Dialog functions. For listing files, we now offer a way to list them recursively. The Audit functions got improved with new options, we added path drawing to graphicsmagick, new options for print dialog and run task. We can now build arrays in JSON from a list of texts, zoom in a webviewer or do some bitwise math operations.
More details in the release notes. Please take the time to check our 250 example databases and check where you can use our plugin features in your solutions.
- Added JSON.CreateStringArrayWithList function.
- Added new mode to String.ReplaceNewline for html/xml.
- Changed String.EncodeToHTML to ignore lower ASCII control characters.
- Added Files.ListRecursive function.
- Added DynaPDF.AddFontSearchPath function.
- Added Math.BitwiseAND, Math.BitwiseOR, Math.BitwiseNOT, Math.BitwiseXOR, Math.BitwiseShiftRight or Math.BitwiseShiftLeft.
- Improved QTMovie and PDFKit functions to read external containers by file.
I can add you to the shared folder for latest Xojo / Real Studio Plugins or to the shared folder for latest Filemaker plugin.
Interested? Just send me an email or chat message with the email address you use on Dropbox.com.
And if you don't use dropbox, I can of course invite you.
- Added DynaPDF.CreateCheckBox and DynaPDF.CreateTextField.
- Added RunTask methods to add arguments and read/write data to the launched app.
- Fixed a problem with CGImageSource.Keys function where it crashed with invalid image reference.
- Added Menu/MenuItem functions and a Menu.Popup method to show popup menu on Mac.
- Added DynaPDF functions: DynaPDF.GetImportFlags, DynaPDF.SetImportFlags, DynaPDF.SetTextFieldValue and DynaPDF.SetTextFieldValueEx.
- Improved container reading for movie files.
For FileMaker 11 to 13.
- Added new grapichsmagick path drawing methods.
- Improved DynaPDF.GeneratePreview to flattens annotations and forms.
- Fixed bug in DynaPDF.GetTextFieldValue and DynaPDF.GetTextFieldDefaultValue function.
- Added CLGeocoder functions to map address to geo coordinate and back on Mac OS X.
- Changed plugin to return error message if you pass compressed container value. We have no idea on how to uncompress.
- Added functions Audit.SetLogAccess and Audit.GetLogAccess.
- Fixed functions Files.FileExists, Files.ItemExists, Files.DirectoryExists to return 0 on Mac instead of error if file/item/directory is not found.
- Changed Audit functions to ignore fields in the audit table which are not used. This way you can have automatically calculated fields there.