- Bug Reporter Kit 1.5
- Fixed some localization bugs.
- Fixed compilation bugs for Xojo 2019r3
- Changed email script to mark email as UTF-8.
- Add list of current visible windows with focused control to the report.
- Updated to Xojo 2021
- Web Starter Kit 1.6
- Fixed over 300 changes for Xojo Web 2.0 API
- Updated for Xojo 2021
- Updater Kit 2.3
- Changed HTTPSocket to URLConnection class for newer API.
- Updated Sparkle framework
- Moved projects to 64-bit
- Uses Info.plist added to project
- Uses Build Step for MacOS to copy Sparkle.framework and key file.
- Changed some URLs to https:// for app transport security.
- Replaced updated app on server to be signed.
- Using SSLConnectionTypes.TLSv12 now for socket.
- Fixed kCheckSumNodeName to not include 32 as bit number is added later.
- Updated to Xojo 2021.
It will be held March 30-April 1st, 2022 in London, England at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury. This conferences is the best place to meet Xojo developers from around the world in real live, make contacts, present yourself as expert and learn what is new in Xojo. Tickets are available in the Xojo store and if you bring your partner, you can order an extra guest ticket for the dinner events.
Check out the conference highlights video if you want to see what it's like - or ask one of the many attendees from the forum!
Wether you are full or part time Xojo developer, this is your chance to learn all about the Web 2.0 framework, the Android progress and what's new in the Xojo world.
To get there, please use public transportation. The piccadilly line brings you right from Heathrow Airport to Russell Square Station, just next to the hotel. That trip should cost about 3 £ and you may just pay by tap in/out with your NFC enabled credit card or phone. Otherwise buy an Oyster card and load money on it if you don't have such a card. If you come by Eurostar train through the tunnel from France, you can exit Pancras station and just walk to the hotel. Otherwise take one station via subway to Russell Square Station. That station is right behind the hotel block.
See you soon there!
In this article I want to introduce you the new functionalities from the MBS Xojo Plugins in version 21.4.
Let's starts with the news from DynaPDF. With the methods CreateTraceFile and AppendTraceFile you can create and append a file that log debugging information. The plugin writes debug messages to this file so you can check which methods you called. The AppendTraceFile method is practical because with this method it is possible to append debug information and not need to override it.
Another new method from the DynaPDFMBS class is the GetInIsTaggedPDF method. It returns true if the currently opened PDF is a tagged PDF.
We have the new method ReadFileMBS for FolderItems to allow you the transfer of a file into a memory block. In the parameters we specify the memory block element in which the result should be stored. As return of the method we get a true if the file was read as a memory block.
In this context, the new method FindByteMBS for memory blocks is also interesting . With this method we can search for given characters in a memory block. In the parameters we specify an array with the characters to be searched in UInt8. Additionally we can specify from which position in the memory block to search. The default is 0 (At the beginning). The method returns the first position in the memory block where there was a hit. In the following example the positions of the first two hits are determined.
Dim m As MemoryBlock = "Hello World"
Dim u() As UInt8
Dim pos1 As Integer = m.FindByteMBS(u)
Dim pos2 As Integer = m.FindByteMBS(u, pos1+1)
MsgBox "Found position: "+Str(pos1)+" and „+Str(pos2)
In this article I want to introduce you the new functions from the MBS FileMaker Plugin in version 11.4.
Let's start with the new features in the Dictionary component. Here you can now filter the keys by their beginning or their end. With the function "Dictionary.KeysWithPrefix" you can now get a list of all keys that have a specific beginning. You may have entries like "person.123.firstname" and "person.123.lastname" and by using Dictionary.KeysWithPrefix you can look for "person.123." to find all keys starting with this prefix. The opposite is the case with the function "Dictionary.KeysWithPostfix". In this case the keys are filtered by their end. So, in the previous example, we could filter by .firstname and get "person.123.firstname". The postfix and prefix keys functions allows you to organize things in the dictionaries with e.g. dot notation.
With the new function SQL.FieldExists you can check if a given field exists that we want to query. To do this, we specify the command reference number and the name of the field in the parameters. If the field exists, we get 1 as return value.(more)
Stefanie shows how to use our MBS Xojo DynaPDF Plugin in Xojo.
|Xojo and DynaPDF
Watch on Youtube
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
We like to explain everyone how to setup TeamViewer on macOS for remote support.
Go to teamviewer.com and download the Teamviewer app, e.g. teamviewer.dmg. As far as I see you can directly click download on the cookie dialog and then close the website, but the webdesign may change. No need to allow cookies!
Once downloaded, you open the disk image.
Please make sure the domain shown in the GateKeeper dialog is only www.teamviewer.com and nothing different.(more)
We copied the XML Import example database included with our plugin to desktop. We copied the xml file to desktop and renamed it test.xml. Then we open the database and run the script. Since we didn't change it, it will simply look for a file named test.xml and import it. Since the XML file is 50 MB, this takes a while, but the XML.Import function creates 18 new tables with a lot of fields:
The example has "Import2" as prefix for reasons, but you can change that. We got over 130000 records created within a minute.
The client asked how to get the ID from preparations into the other tables like the Pack table. But then we surprised our client with the magic of FileMaker's relationships. We connect the right parent entries to the UUID field of the parent table. Once all tables are moved in place and all connections are made, the graph looks like this:
As you see limitations table got duplicated, so we can connect it both to preparations and packs.
Once this is setup, we create layouts. A layout for a pack can now show fields from preparation to show which preparation it belongs to.
Also via all that relationships, the table for a preparation can show the first pack, substance and price on the same layout.
Let us know if you have questions and enjoy the magic of those functions.
Once the day is done for the last time zones (greetings to our Hawaiian Xojo developers), we can tear down the ads and close the store.
Please make sure all pending orders are paid full until Monday.
Check out the FMTraining.tv website. Richard Carlton and his team do a daily free live stream about FileMaker to watch. And they have a huge library of FileMaker training material to watch and learn all about the Claris FileMaker product family.
We talk a bit about what's new in MBS FileMaker Plugin in version 11.4 and answer user questions.
- Stump The Monkey! - Monkeybread Miracle Plug-in Updates
- Monkeybread Plugin for FileMaker with Christian Schmitz
- FileMaker and MBS DynaPDF Functions Spotlight
- FileMaker and MBS Functions Spotlight with Christian Schmitz
- MBS and FileMaker Custom Functions Run Via Plug-In
Do you like this video?
Please let Richard know and send him your wishes or ideas for future live broadcast as well as topics for training videos. And check out the FileMaker Training bundles as well as their new book for FileMaker, updated for 2021.
We updated our WordFile functions to store the resulting word file into a container instead of a file with the new WordFile.WriteContainer function. You can substitute any text in the word file with WordFile.Substitute function or check whether some text is there with WordFile.Contains function.
In this release we add thread pooling for Windows. This highly benefits some functions using threads like e.g. CURL.PerformInBackground. We can reuse threads and lower the memory footprint.
If you have to read plist files on macOS, please check our new PList functions. We return content as JSON and also allow to write back those plist files.
Our SendMail functions got an upgrade to produce S/MIME signed emails with new SendMail.Sign function. For this we also added new PKey.ReadFromContainer function to read in private keys to sign.
For iOS we added SharingPanel functions to run the sharing dialog for sending text, files, pictures or URLs to other applications or services, e.g. AirDrop.
We got a new function Container.Screenshot to take snapshots for WebViewer controls. But this function can also be used for all other named controls on a layout to snapshot content like pictures of text fields.
For DynaPDF we got new functions to set printer settings via new DynaPDF.Print.SetSetting function. You can check whether an input PDF is a tagged one with the new DynaPDF.GetInIsTaggedPDF function.
For macOS you can now have the plugin prevent closing the database design dialog while relationship tab is selected. See SyntaxColoring.DontOpenManageDatabaseDialogWithRelations.SetEnabled function to enable it.
We improved errors printed into trace log, got new SQL.FieldExists and SystemInfo.isWindows11 functions, allow backslash for escaping paths in XML.GetPathValue function and added HEAD as verb for CURL.SetupAWS and CURL.SetupOAuth functions.
Finally we updated CURL library to version 7.78.0, DynaPDF to 22.214.171.124 and SQLAPI to 5.1.5.
See release notes for a complete list of changes.
We updated our WordFileMBS class to substitute any text in the word file with Substitute method or check if some text is there with Contains method.
In this release we add thread pooling for Windows. This highly benefits some methods using threads like PerformMT in CURLSMBS to recycle threads and lower the memory footprint.
For Windows we added a WinMouseFilterMBS class to universally get mouse events for all controls in your applications. Our WebView2ControlMBS control to use Microsoft Edge/Chrome browser control got new properties for preferences, e.g. to decide whether password fields auto fill.
Our DynaPDF plugin got a DeleteOCGFromDisplayTree method to delete optional content. The GetInIsTaggedPDF method can tell you whether your import PDF is a tagged one. For our Graphics.DrawString integration in PDF we added better code to draw text condensed. Finally we enhanced our tracing feature to append to a log file.
For iOS we got a new SharingPanelMBS class to show the sharing panel and e.g. post multiple pictures to photos application or send several files via AirDrop. We improved NSViewMBS class for iOS (using UIView of course) and fixed issues with submitting to the App Store.
We added FieldExists method for SQLCommandMBS class, the FindByteMBS method for MemoryBlock taking an array of bytes to look for and we added HEAD as verb for SetupAWS and SetupOAuth method in CURLSMBS class. The new isWindows11 function in SystemInformationMBS module may be helpful in the future, WKPreferencesMBS got more properties and NSComboBoxControlMBS class got working keydown events.
Finally we updated CURL library to version 7.78.0, DynaPDF to 126.96.36.199 and SQLAPI to 5.1.5.
See release notes for a complete list of changes.
Wir haben unsere WordFile Funktionen aktualisiert, um die resultierende Word-Datei mit der neuen Funktion WordFile.WriteContainer in einem Container statt in einer Datei zu speichern. Sie können jeden beliebigen Text in der Word-Datei mit der Funktion WordFile.Substitute ersetzen oder mit der Funktion WordFile.Contains prüfen, ob ein Text vorhanden ist.
In dieser Version fügen wir Thread-Pooling für Windows hinzu. Dies kommt einigen Funktionen zugute, die Threads verwenden, wie zum Beispiel CURL.PerformInBackground. Wir können Threads wiederverwenden und den Speicherbedarf verringern.
Wenn Sie Plist-Dateien unter macOS lesen müssen, probieren Sie bitte unsere neuen PList Funktionen. Wir geben den Inhalt als JSON zurück und wir können auch JSON als Plist-Datei ausgeben.
Unsere SendMail Funktionen haben ein Upgrade erhalten, um S/MIME-signierte E-Mails mit der neuen Funktion SendMail.Sign zu erzeugen. Dazu haben wir auch die neue Funktion PKey.ReadFromContainer hinzugefügt, um private Schlüssel zum Signieren einzulesen.
Für iOS haben wir SharingPanel Funktionen hinzugefügt, um den Sharing Dialog zum Senden von Text, Dateien, Bildern oder URLs an andere Anwendungen oder Dienste, z.B. AirDrop zu übergeben.
Wir haben eine neue Funktion Container.Screenshot, um Schnappschüsse für WebViewer-Steuerelemente zu erstellen. Diese Funktion kann aber auch für alle anderen benannten Controls in einem Layout verwendet werden, um Snapshots von Inhalten wie z.B. Bilder von Textfeldern zu erstellen.
Für DynaPDF gibt es neue Funktionen zum Setzen von Druckereinstellungen über die neue Funktion DynaPDF.Print.SetSetting. Mit der neuen Funktion DynaPDF.GetInIsTaggedPDF kann überprüft werden, ob ein Eingabe-PDF ein getaggtes ist.
Unter macOS kann das Plugin nun verhindern, dass der Datenbank-Design-Dialog geschlossen wird, wenn die Registerkarte Beziehung ausgewählt ist. Siehe SyntaxColoring.DontOpenManageDatabaseDialogWithRelations.SetEnabled Funktion, um dies zu aktivieren.
Wir haben die Ausgabe von Fehlern im Trace-Log verbessert, neue Funktionen SQL.FieldExists und SystemInfo.isWindows11 eingeführt, Backslash für das Escaping von Pfaden in der Funktion XML.GetPathValue zugelassen und HEAD als Verb für die Funktionen CURL.SetupAWS und CURL.SetupOAuth hinzugefügt.
Schließlich haben wir die CURL-Bibliothek auf Version 7.78.0, DynaPDF auf 188.8.131.52 und SQLAPI auf 5.1.5 aktualisiert.
Alle Änderungen in den Release Notes.
Today we want to look on seven different ways on how to implement a function to count the number of space characters in a string. Sounds simple, but depending how you code it, the performance will be much different.
All examples here use BackgroundTasks and NilObjectChecking disabled to avoid extra overhead. If background tasks are enabled, Xojo would insert a call to check for other threads due and we usually disable that in a tight loop as the check needed could take more than what the code inside the loop does. And when we deal with memory blocks below, we don't need to check whether the Memoryblock is nil on every access.
Let's start with the most high level view by using String.Middle function:
The Middle() function does some more on text processing here like looking how many bytes one UTF-8 character takes. Since our space we look for is just one byte, we don't need that and can optimize by using MiddleBytes later.(more)
Since some of you are on vacation, the offer got a final extension till 10th September 2021:
Get the top developer tools and third party components for the Xojo cross-platform development platform at a huge savings.
Omegabundle for Xojo 2021 is a collection of the most useful tool sets, add-ons, digital books and components for use with Xojo Inc's Xojo development environment. If purchased separately and not including any additional offers, the total cost would be over $3871. Omegabundle for Xojo 2021 costs $399.99.
Xojo is an award-winning, cross-platform development tool for the Desktop (macOS, Windows, Linux), Web, iOS (iPad/iPhone) and Raspberry Pi. With Xojo, you can create native applications by using drag-and-drop to build your user interface and then one straight-forward programming language to enable the functionality. Xojo is powerful and modern, yet easy to use and learn.
- Ohanaware App Wrapper (UPDATED). Prepare your application for the Mac App Store or Web Distribution (macOS only app)
- Ohanaware App Kit (UPDATED). A huge collection of declares and objects that Ohanaware has created over the years to help us with crafting better macOS applications. Your next macOS app starts here!
- ExeWrapper (NEW). Microsoft Authenticode Signing - right from Mac! ExeWrapper enables you to code sign Windows executables on a macOS machine. (macOS only app)
- DMG Canvas (NEW). Drag, drop and design your disk image's appearance and to easily and quickly create a fully assembled disk image ready to ship. (macOS only app)
- GrafittiSuite Desktop Edition (UPDATED). 55 (up from 53 from 2020!) incredible user interface controls for Xojo that add value and improve the professional appeal of your Xojo applications.
- XDL Library (NEW).Get some of the best articles from xDev Library, a brand-new ebook, Xojo Database Collection(XDL-0019), that weighs in at over 400 pages
- MBS Chart Director for Xojo (UPDATED). Professional, interactive, real-time charts in your Xojo applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
- MBS DynaPDF Starter Edition for Xojo (UPDATED). Create PDF files with your applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Studio Pro 11 (UPDATED). Ultimate reports designer, database administration and forms creation tool that runs on all three operating systems - Windows, macOS, Linux. Select one OS version.
- Paradigma Software ValentinaDB ADK 10 for Xojo (UPDATED). Embed the ultra-fast, object-relational Valentina database into your applications and deploy royalty free - Windows, macOS, Linux, including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Reports ADK 10for Xojo (UPDATED). Generate visually rich reports as graphics, web pages or PDF from your Xojo applications on Windows, macOS, Linux including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Server Unlimited (UPDATED). 4-in-1 Reports Server, Forms Server along with two database servers: one built on object-relational Valentina Database and the other on SQLite. Report and forms serving works with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and the included Valentina and SQLite servers
- xDev Magazine (UPDATED). Get back issues and a year’s subscription to xDev Magazine, the professional's magazine for developing with Xojo.
- XDC Developer Conference Coupon (NEW). Save $100 off of the XDC Developer Conference 2022 in London! Coupon must be used before the end of 2021.
- Added ReadFileMBS for reading file data into MemoryBlock.
- Updated SQLAPI to version 5.1.5.
- Added FieldExists method to SQLCommandMBS class.
- Fixed Graphics.DrawString to better draw condensed text for DynaPDFMBS class.
- Added isWindows11 function to SystemInformationMBS module.
- Fixed problems with AVFoundation Plugin and a conflicting function name for iOS apps.
Or ask us to be added to our shared Dropbox folder.
- Added password parameter for DynaPDF.GeneratePreview function.
- Updated SQLAPI to version 5.1.5.
- Added possibility to use backslash in XML.GetPathValue to mask dots in xml node names.
- Added SQL.FieldExists function.
- Added SystemInfo.isWindows11 function.
Often-Used Calculations by Markus Winter
Markus explores how to create an interface for frequently-used calcuations.
How to Make a Bad App by Marc Zeedar
It takes great effort to make a truly bad app. Marc explains just how to do it!
A Xojo Business Solutions Platform by Steve Pardoe
More than a year in the making, Steve explains how he built a business platform using Xojo.
Exploring Cryptography, Part 3 by Eugene Dakin
In his series on cryptography, Eugene explores something called the Polyalphabetic Substitution Cipher.
An Idea Xojo's Future by Markus Winter
Markus presents a radical proposal for Xojo's future.
After a year of development, the plugin was released to the public on 1st Sep 2007 with MBS Plugin 7.6pr1.
This plugin has been a big success for us and provides the PDF engine to thousands of Xojo applications around the world. Based on user feedback we got a lot of functions over the years like the raster engine, PDF/A conversion and ZUGFeRD support.
Please make sure you try the plugin, make it part of your toolbox and start to enjoy all the PDF features you can add to your application.
PS: The OmegaBundle 2021 includes a DynaPDF Starter license and is a great way to get a license.