One of the new pricing scheme, there is one thing missing: Academic licenses.
They will go away as people learning Xojo can simply use the free IDE. While that's right and some people really enjoy the upgrade (e.g. personal to Desktop), I think some people will be disappointed.
So if you have an academic license and you want to be able to build with Xojo, you may simply go and get a 2 year update now. This way you can use the academic upgrade to extend your licenses for one or two years. Remember, if you have a personal academic license now, you can upgrade for now for about $49 per year, but after June 4 you have to upgrade a desktop license for $150 per year. Similar for Pro licenses.
- Fixed a bug with MacUSBMBS class handling packets.
- Added new NSEventMBS methods: hasPreciseScrollingDeltas, isDirectionInvertedFromDevice, scrollingDeltaX and scrollingDeltaY.
- Updated libXL to version 3.4.2
- The messages of OutOfMemoryExceptions from plugin now have number of bytes included.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 126.96.36.199
- Changed CDArrayMBS.aggregate to return CDArrayMBS object instead of memoryblock.
- Added CDArrayMBS.aggregateValues returning double array.
- Added InfoForAliasData and InfoForSaveInfo to AliasInfoMBS class.
- Fixed bug with some internal functions broken with pr15 which causes CocoaControlMBS to fail.
- Added DynaPDF multi page table examples.
- Added CGColorMBS convenience functions.
- Added more NSViewMBS.layer functions.
We'll be there and make two presentations. First one about the MBS Filemaker plugin and a second one is about Mac goodies like Syntax Coloring, smaller Runtimes and Gatekeeper.
If you prefer a German conference, maybe you better go to the Filemaker Konferenz in Salzburg in October from 17th to 19th.
And as you see they have quite a few ideas on where the next conference could be.
- Added ServerSocket functions.
- Added Twain.GetDiscardBlankPages, Twain.GetDuplexEnabled, Twain.SetDiscardBlankPages and Twain.SetDuplexEnabled.
- Added Window.SetTitleIcon.
- Added App.GetDockIcon, App.GetProcessName, App.SetDockIcon and App.SetProcessName
100+ people, 40% outside US and from 15 countries
There is a Battleship programming contest (win an iPad).
New name of product and company: Xojo
Console: $100, Desktop $300, Database Server $300, Web $400. All cross platform. Updates 50%.
Pro License (instead of Enterprise): all above + priority support + Betas + Pro Forum + 3x Feedback Multiplier + Pro license on 3 computers.
License keys are now downloaded automatically from server.
New documentation in 4 books, new tutorial books and new school book for learning programming.
New Xojo forum. Better than old forums and working on mobile devices.
Release: June 4th
2013r1 Web Edition has been improved a lot in security by external company trying to hack it.
Hosting Service offered: Xojo Cloud. Zero configuration, strong security. One click installation. One virtual private server per account. Security enhanced linux. Starting at $49/month.
iOS: Demo with app build in Xojo. A dozen native controls. Multi touch events work already. Debug with iOS Simulator on Mac. You build with LLVM Compiler for ARM CPU.
Auto Layout feature coming to Xojo. For example adjusts labels for localization or platform differences. Coming to iOS, than Web and last for Desktop. But Demo was on Desktop.
LLVM: work in progress. Beta in December.
64bit: work in progress. Framework quite far. Waits for the LLVM compiler being ready. Maybe ship summer 2014.
Keynote is done. Read more at the Real Software Blog.
Do you see something unusual on this menubar screenshot or on the dock screenshot right?
Well, with next MBS Filemaker Plugin version you can change the name of the app in the menubar and also change the dock icon. Some nice new ways to customize your solutions with Filemaker. And for the dock tile you can still use the badge function to show a little number or text. For example like Mail to show the number of unread emails.
For the dock icon you best use a square image with at least 128x128 pixel size. Better you use 512x512 (for retina) and the plugin will fit the image to the right size requested by the operation system. For transparency, please use a PNG file.
- Moved to SDK of Real Studio 2013r1b14.
- Fixed FilemappingMBS class to cleanup better if you reuse same object.
- Added WMIObjectMBS.GetPropertyStringArray function and GetProperty now handles string arrays.
- Fixed some functions using Grand Central Dispatch to really not use it on older Mac OS X versions.
- Added code to JSONMBS to parse json text which only contains an array.
- Added MD5DigestMBS.HMAC and SHA256MBS.HMAC functions.
- Fixed SHA1MBS.HMAC function to work on longer keys.
- Fixed CCHMacMBS to work with empty strings for key or data.
- Added JSON.GetObjectItemTree function.
- Added oAuth example project.
- Added Windows support for RunTask functions.
- Fixed bug in PDFKit.GetPDFAttribute with Keywords parameter.
- Fixed bug in Twain.SetDefaultDSIdentity. You can now pass text.
- Fixed drawing bug in ImageMBS control with RS 2013r1.
- Added NSMenuItemMBS.validateMenuItem for customized menus in NSSearchField.
- Fixed IKImageBrowserViewMBS.groupAtIndex event.
- Updated plugins for recent changes in RS 2013r1 plugin handling.
- Updated the Unikey library for Windows to version 5.6.2.
- Fixed Custom*MBS Cocoa views to work again with their events (broken in pr13).
- Added Addressbook functions to work on the Mac OS X Contacts database.
- Added Hash.SHA1.HMAC function.
- Added String.DecodeURLComponent and String.EncodeURLComponent.
- Added Time.UnixTimeStamp.
- Added Hash.RandomString.
- Added IKSlideShow.GetMode and IKSlideShow.SetMode.
- Added optional parameter to Hash functions to return either Hex or Base64.
- Added Hash.SHA1 and Hash.SHA256.
- Added IKSlideShow.AddImage, IKSlideShow.AddPath, IKSlideShow.AddPDF and IKSlideShow.AddURL.
- Fixed an alignment bug with Twain functions.
- Fixed a problem with scanning images without GUI to a file.
- Functions which return text and handle UTF-16 will now respect the Byte Order Mark.
- Updated String.ReadTextFile to also read UTF-16 files if you pass right text encoding.
- Added new private constructors.
- Updated constructors in several classes. Now raises an exception if called a second time. Constructors should raise exception if you call them twice, a required parameter is wrong or the underlaying class is not available.
- Fixed bug with PictureCombineMBS and negative color values.
- Added copy methods to most PDFKit classes to clone objects.
- Added NSKeyValueObserverMBS class.
- Added more CALayerMBS methods.
- Fixed bug with text handling in plugin with crashes in FreeTextChain function.
- Fixed bug in path handling on Windows which caused crash in DirectorySizeMBS class.
- Fixed constructors taking handle parameter for QuartzCore classes like CIImageMBS and CIColorMBS.
- Fixed DNSNameToAddressIPv6MBS, DNSAddressToNameIPv6MBS, DNSNameToAddressMBS and DNSAddressToNameMBS to work on Linux, Mac and Windows with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Added CustomNSToolbarMBS.allowsSizeMode event to disable small toolbar icons.
- Added NSMenuItemMBS.ActionSelector to see what method is called by menu item.
- Added NSMenuMBS.indexOfItemWithSelector and NSMenuMBS.itemWithSelector to find menu items by selector.
- Added NSWindowMBS.toolbarView method.
dim mytoolbar as new NSToolbarMBS
dim w as NSWindowMBS = window1.NSWindowMBS
w.toolbar = mytoolbar
mytoolbar.visible = true
mytoolbar.allowsUserCustomization = false
The plugin user asked why his code does not work. The reason is simply the calling of the Constructor a second time. The first time it is called in the new line. So in new we create an object in Realbasic from the plugin. The plugin creates in the default Constructor a dummy toolbar. This toolbar is now assigned to the window. Than in the second Constructor, we leak the first toolbar and create a new one. And this is that filled later with buttons.
So please only call constructor by new command or in your own constructors. This avoids trouble and memory leaks.
The Real Studio Conference in Orlando is less than two weeks away and to celebrate this awesome event, RSD is proud to offer some special discounts to all our customers as well as attendees.
All customers can take advantage of our 10% off coupon: use code REALWORLD during checkout and save 10% on any order over $25. This applies to subscriptions, printed books, back issues, renewals -- anything we sell. The coupon is valid through the end of the conference weekend, April 29, 2013.
You can renew at http://rsdeveloper.com/renew/ if you'd like (and use the coupon code during checkout).
Attending the Conference?
For those attending the conference, we've got a fantastic special: all printed books are 50% off! Plus, since you'll pick up your books at the conference you'll save on shipping! (For those coming from overseas, that's *significant* savings.)
I'm only brining a few extra books with me, so pre-order any you'd like by Monday, April 15, 2013 to be sure I have the books you want. You must use the order form on this page to pre-order the books:
The supply of printed books is limited (I only have a few left of books 1-7), so order soon to make sure I can get you the books you want. (I'll contact you if there's a problem fulfilling your order.)
If you have any questions about these offers, please contact Marc Zeedar.
Register on conference website.
I am looking forward to go there. A lot of plugin users already told me they will be there. Some can not make it for three days, but only come one day. In general I really recommend to everyone to come and enjoy meeting all the other developers. You can learn soo much from talking to others, talking to Real Software staff and watching the sessions.
See you there in Orlando!
PS: I hope you all read the article I got in the Real Studio Developer Magazine with tips and tricks for what to do on extra days in Orlando.
7th May 2013, from 18 to 22 o'clock
At Merseburger Hof, Merseburger Strasse 107, 04177 Leipzig.
In Esslingen near Stuttgart:
17th May 2013, from 18 to 22 o'clock
At Hellmer & Triantafyllou Computer-Systeme GmbH, Dornierstr. 30, 73730 Esslingen
21st May 2013, from 18 to 22 o'clock
4D Consulting, Scharnhorststrasse 36, 65195 Wiesbaden.
Topics are Real Studio 2013r1 and Real World Conference.
We'd be happy to meet you there if you have time to join us.
- Updated MacAliasMBS class to use newer APIs.
- Added MacAliasMBS.AliasInfo, MacAliasMBS.PathString, MacAliasMBS.TargetName and MacAliasMBS.VolumeName.
- Removed GetInfoAliasName, GetInfoParentName, GetInfoServerName, GetInfoVolumeName and GetInfoZoneName in MacAliasMBS class.
- Deprecated ClipboardMBS. It will not be supported for 64-bit applications.
- Added new KeychainMBS and KeychainItemMBS classes and a new KeychainManagerMBS module.
- Renamed old Keychain classes to have old in name.
- Fixed LookupHostbyAddress and LookupHostbyAddressMT methods in DNSLookupMBS class which were broken in version 13.0.
- Fixed bug in SystemControlNameToMIBMBS function.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 188.8.131.52
Apple changed the APIs some time ago and our existing Keychain plugin still used Mac OS 8 APIs. So now we are using newer APIs from 10.6/10.7.
There are several ways to use the keychain:
- You can use the simply functions like AddGenericPassword/AddInternetPassword to add a password and FindInternetPassword/FindGenericPassword to query them back.
- You can use the KeychainItemMBS and KeychainMBS classes to work on keychains and items directly.
- You can use the query based functions which work with dictionaries. That are the newest functions Apple added.
So enjoy the magazine and see you in Orlando for Real World conference!
So we have this winners:
Ingo Haberland, Sunil Abraham, Frederic Quoirez, Maximilian Tyrtania, Sebastian Sparrer, Jared Z, Jim Kanter, Patrick McCabe, Jack Juni MD, Adam Osborne and Tony Marino.
(if you see your name and you miss our email, please contact us)
We'll be holding our monthly meeting on October 15th, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm!
Who: Everyone interested in developing in Real Studio
What: Monthly Meeting
Where: Aldo's Italian Restaurant
When: Monday April 8th, 2013 - 6pm to 9pm
Topic: REAL World Preview! Unit Testing: The What and Why
Presenter: Scott Boss, founder of Nocturnal Coding Monkeys
Why: This session will cover the various "public" unit testing suites and the benefits of doing testing. We'll also discuss the upcoming Real World Conference, and the latest news!
I hope to see you there!
Willkommen ist jeder RealStudio-Interessierte: vom Neuling bis zum Profi.
Das nächste Treffen findet statt am: Mittwoch, 10. April 2013 im Block House ins Wandsbek.