The Xojo bug database has a bot, which performs various automated tasks. One of them is to archive old bugs. When you report a bug, it gets usually quickly reviewed by Robin or someone else of the Xojo team. He may have some questions about it and usually tries to get an example project made, if the reported didn't provide one. A bug report without a way to reproduce is difficult to fix. Yes, if there is a way to locate it in source code, e.g. with a file name and line number in an assertion, someone can take a look on the code and guess how it may fail. Often it can be altered to gracefully report an error and not just assert. If the bug can be fixed, it may get assigned to a developer, who may find a fix and then the fix goes into the next release after verification.
Now it happens that some bugs get forgotten. The original reporter may have moved on or can't provide details on how to reproduce. Especially if the problem only occurred once and nobody knows why, there is nothing to do. If you find a bug you also run into, please click the thumb-up button and add a comment with more details. Maybe you can add some information to help resolve the bug, an example project or steps to reproduce?
If nobody (developers or staff) adds something for 2 years, the bot will archive the bug assuming that nobody cares anymore. For two years
- Engineers may have looked into it, but didn't leave a comment or asked a question.
Private comments are not shown, but may change the update date of the issue.
- No Xojo user added a me-too note, example project or steps to reproduce.
- And nobody reproduced it in a newer Xojo version and verified it still is an issue and posted that information.
The last week I checked dozens of cases and commented a few as they are still reproducible. On the way I closed a few cases, which I can't reproduce anymore here. I assume they got fixed as a side effect of fixing another case, but not marked as fixed.
Here is a list of bugs to be archived within next month:
- paste text into Replace field in IDE's Find/Replace area - inserts extra space in front of copied characters
- Framework failed assertion at objects.cpp:208
- TextInputCanvas.Paint fires twice when the application starts, a Canvas only once
- Edit Superclass doesn't work with Modules
- Text selection is removed if mouse clicked twice at the same location or again inside the selection all while holding shift
- Navigator filter won't find ListBox until you rename it
- Selecting "Refresh List" under Xojo Cloud build settings while the PopupMenu is refreshing results in the PopupMenu selection actually retaining "Refresh List" as the value
- Corrupted WebImageViewer controls (was: web 2.0 renders elements very slowly)
- applescript 64-bit failure
- ListBox on Win traps left/right arrow on keydown
- timezone change when addinterval or SubtractInterval and "BlackZone" when jump from 3 to 4 o'clock
- Icons of disabled MenuItems displayed only as black squares when scalefactor changes
- Getting Started screen
- Window offset for controls wrong with window placement
- When scrolling through a long list of methods/properties using autocomplete, the IDE becomes unresponsive
- Unhandled NilObjectException in StudioMainWindow.StudioMainWindow.EditItem%%o<StudioMainWindow.StudioMainWindow>o<RBProjectItem>bo<RBCodeItem>
- Compiler failed assertion at LinkLD.cpp:394
- Toolbar icon size for floating windows on macOS 11.x
- Window MaxWidth / MaxHeight Not Respected When Maximising A Window On MS-Windows
- graphics missing pixel row 0 in Big Sur Dark Mode window
- Web Font size and Forecolor for Segmented Button
- Color.SelectedFromDialog displays dialog behind Modal Window on MacOS BigSur
- Unhandled NilObjectException in PeriodicAsyncConnection.URLConnection_HeadersReceived%%o<PeriodicAsyncConnection>o<URLConnection>si8
- AddText method ignores Font Type and Font Size
- Bug in code insight where it takes class in name space over the built int one
- can add global module to inner private module
- Unhandled NilObjectException in PicturePropertyEditor.PicturePropertyEditor.SetupMenu%%o<PicturePropertyEditor.PicturePropertyEditor>
- Source code does not print properly from Windows IDE
- Framework failed assertion at CocoaPrinting.mm:326
- Page setup/print crashes Xojo 2020r2 on Debian 10.6
- autoenabled menu handler on container control doesnt work
- Setting SearchCriteria on Weblistbox box displays previously set WebListBoxImageRenderer incorrectly
- Crash near ___pthread_kill
- Small round push button misplaced on window
- IDE: Changing to Super of Class to private Super in the Inspector fails
- iOSUserControl cannot read instance properties during CreateView Event
- IOS password fields sync and lock after a single character is entered - when a textField or textArea is above two consecutive password fields. (i.e. enter pw, confirm pw)
- Multi-Line and WordWrap on reports don't change the row height
- IDE Window positions not correctly retained
- Crash when quitting Xojo after saving project
- unable to resize control height (buttons, comboboxes, popups)
- Crash near _REALPluginMain
- special folders problem
- MacOS View/Show/Hide Tab Bar menuitem does not fire window resize event
- MessageDialog displays top bar with minimize/maximize/close on Linux
- IDE build automation script editor does not update to newly selected preferences when the preferences are closed
- Framework failed assertion at DebuggerSupport.cpp:428
- Shown Web 2.0 event subclass breaks in conversion
- ProgressBar draws incorrect on Linux (Intel & ARM)
- Can not change the name of a control that was created from a custom class with a property called 'name'.
Is there one, which you like to support?
For your own bugs, please consider checking once a year whether they got fixed or are still relevant.