We were curious whether Xojo Inc. would get back to four releases per year after just three releases last year. I consider this 4th release to be a bug fix release for the changes with dark mode from the previous release. Certainly welcome as more and more customers request Dark Mode support for MacOS 10.14 Mojave and we upgrade all projects to the newer versions. It looks like all the other nice projects in the pipeline are not yet ready, so maybe coming with 2019r1 in about three months. The Xojo conference may right in time for 2019r2 release, which may bring a few new things to be presented at the conference.
Xojo 2018 Release 4 is now available for download!
It includes 110 changes and improvements, such as:
The complete list of improvements in Xojo 2018 Release 4 can be found in the release notes.
- The new URLConnection class (part of API 2.0) is an updated version of HTTPSocket and Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket used for web communications
- New constants AppSupportsDarkMode and AppSupportsHiDPI
- More Dark Mode improvements to both the IDE and framework
- iOS builds now use the 12.1. SDK for latest device support
- macOS builds now use the 10.14 SDK for latest Declare support
- SQLite updated to 3.25.3
With the new URLConnection class, we got a the code from Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket in a new variation using string & memoryblock, so they better work without text & Xojo.Core.Memoryblock classes. If you have code still using HTTPSocket or HTTPSecureSocket, please move to newer classes to benefit from TLS and HTTP 1.1 implementation. If you need more options or a class working in different Xojo versions, maybe consider using CURLSMBS class from us. It can run synchronous, asynchronous and with background threading.
Enjoy the winter with long nights for coding and see you all in 2019 at a Xojo conference!