They use my plugins for a few years now and are looking for another Xojo developer:
Desktop Application Developer
Are you ready to be part of a growing organization with a start-up mentality and work style? Would you like to work in a fast-changing environment where your initiative is valued? Do you want to contribute to an innovative company, whose goal is to develop best-in-class medical treatments available worldwide? Would you like to be part of a self-funded global health organization owned by its motivated and creative employees? If so, then let us know. You may be our next Desktop Application Developer!
Located in Montpellier (Jacou), MedinCell develops game-changing technologies for new generations of controlled, localized and sustained drug delivery. As part of our culture of innovation, MedinCell has embarked on Big Brain, which brings together a small, self-managed team of information technology professionals to digitize and centralize data processing throughout the company, and provide trends and metrics using big data technologies.
Your role will be to maintain and develop the desktop applications that will allow our scientists, engineers and support teams to access data to make sound decisions, while ensuring the quality and integrity of data. In addition to programming the applications, you will use your information technology skills to participate in automating updates and ensure data security.
In order to take ownership of the development and maintenance of the applications, you will first carry out a thorough review of existing development and gain an understanding of project specifications. Then you will propose design improvements and start developing new functionalities after having had the opportunity to learn and understand the MedinCell technology :
* Maintain and develop applications; your initial priorities will be to provide access to laboratory data, including an electronic lab notebook, synthesis of polymers, and in-vivo studies
* Test and debug existing and newly developed code
* Meet with end users to determine new needs
* Propose solutions for the design, deployment, use, and optimization of the Big Brain project to digitize data
* Interact with team members throughout the company, providing training, information and explanations
* Document work in a clear and precise manner
As an integral member of the Big Brain team, you will also:
* Analyze and resolve abnormalities related to security, performance and adaptability of the system
* Automate and put in place control tools for deliverables with unit tests and user interfaces
* Automate updates and recommend follow-up dashboards for the teams
* Ensure the updates of applications
* Support the work of other members on the Big Brain team
* Participate in technical reviews of the work performed by the group
As a crucial participant in the development of new applications, you will need to be flexible, to enjoy exploring the unknown, and to propose solutions both independently and collaboratively. You will work closely in a team where each member relies on the others, and you must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment where communicating cross-functionally across projects is key.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
* Effective functioning in a rapidly changing environment and adherence to the values, principles and mission of the company
* Proficiency in self-learning new skills, tools and software
* Desire to solve complex problems
* Consistency, precision, perseverance, listening skills
* Openness and ability to adapt to changing situations
* Strong team spirit and open sharing of all the information necessary to successfully achieve overall work goals
* Desire to continuously improve and progress
* Strong work ethic
* Degree in information technology, with a focus on development
* Experience in application development and a strong interest in new software technologies / languages
* Specific information technology skills desired :
* MacOS systems strongly preferred; LINUX a plus
* Object oriented languages, for example Java FX
* Knowledge of Xojo framework would be ideal
* Database knowledge, for example PostgreSQL
You are also able to communicate in English orally and in writing.
Please contract Gretchen Moussa from MedinCell. se www.medincell.com. email to gretchen.moussa &x#40; medincell.eu.