The MBS REALbasic Updater Kit helps you in adding an automatic update feature to your application.
Version 1.4 adds a Build Step for even easier implementation in REAL Studio and few other improvements.
- Crossplatform update engine for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Full Source code access.
- Using Sparkle on Mac OS X for updating and our own code for Windows.
- Includes all code and help to setup Sparkle for Windows.
- Includes script file for Inno Setup engine. (you can use others if you like)
- Using digital signatures on Mac and MD5 Checksum on Windows to ensure download integrity.
- Includes generator for XML file for your server and code to parse this file and find newer versions.
- Updated Windows dialogs to look more like Sparkle.
- Added more localization.
- Added TestWindowsOnMac property so you can test Windows Update on Mac.
- Added ApplicationName parameter for the Init method so you can pass a localized application name. If you pass no name, we take it from the application file name.
- Added support for redirects on the appcast.xml and the installer download. Up to 5 redirects are followed before an error is displayed.
- Added new Build Step tool and example.
- Changed placement of updater window to be centered on main screen.
- Improved application size by using more conditional compiling.
The Updater Kit is available for $99 USD or 79 Euro (+VAT if needed).
You can learn more and try the sample application on our website: