About three months left until we start our MBS Xojo Developer Conference in Andernach, Germany. Let's update you what's new this week:
We got a new session with Marc Zeedar and Christian Schmitz:
More Design PatternsYou may have heard about Design Patterns, but you aren't sure what they are, how they'd help, or how to implement them in Xojo. Here Marc builds on his London 2023 presentation and covers more patterns in Xojo with practical examples.
This session will cover topics such as:
- Types of design patterns (Creational, Structural, Behavioral)
- The benefits of using patterns:
- Simpler program structure and clarity
- Better code encapsulation
- Forces you to use a more object-oriented design
- Demos and Examples
- Exploring several patterns such as Observer, Command, Facade
- Show how a pattern can benefit a project and solve a code-structure problem in a better way
Let's check out what got faster in Xojo 2023r4. Let's measure the changes, look for slow functions and improve projects.
by Christian Schmitz
We'll offer various labs. This is a separate room, where people can meet to work together on something or discuss various questions. Feel free to spontaneously join there with a group to discuss a topic.
Stefanie will setup the Phidgets for demonstration on one afternoon, so you can check them out. Also we do Mobile, Web and Performance Labs.
Stop by and check out the phidgets we have:
- wired and wireless hubs
- distance sensor
- two different types of motion sensors
- a barometer to measure air pressure
- an IR receiver
- Joysticks for a little game play
- a slider
- a light sensor
- a temperature sensor
We got a bus, so the dinner event will be kind of special and out of town. Also for our sight seeing trip, we got a bus for our road trip.
Early Bird Offer
This week every Xojo developer in our database should have got an email about the conference. Always a busy day here sending out thousands of emails. If you didn't get one, please sign up for our mailing list or newsletter.